Superintendent Cindy Wigley announced the budget hearings for the County School system will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 25, at 3:30 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 26, at 3 p.m. These meetings will be held in the central office in the boardroom.
The next regular board meeting is scheduled for Sept. 26.
These items were approved at the last Board meeting:
The following professional service agreements were approved:
- Liz Mulkey, an art instructor at Brindlee Mountain Primary School. Her hours are not to exceed 8 hours per week. This is effective Oct. 1.
- Cindy Moore, an intervention teacher at Brindlee Mountain Primary School, not to exceed 18 hours per week. This will be paid from Title 1 funding and effective Oct. 1.
- Ashley Thomas, a teacher at Asbury High School, for homebound services. This is not to exceed 6 hours a week and begins Sept. 9 ending May 22.
- Beth Sprouse, a preschool/parent engagement teacher at Marshall County School, will be paid in accordance with and not exceeding guidelines set by the Retirement System of Alabama. This is effective Oct. 1.
- Mary Jo Cobb, a teacher at Marshall County Alternative School, as a part-time employee to be paid in accordance with and not to exceed the guidelines set by the Retirement Systems of Alabama. This will be effective Oct. 1.
- Sheila Matthews, a part time employee, will not exceed 10 hours per week and will be paid in accordance with and not to exceed guidelines set by the Retirement System of Alabama. This will be effective Oct. 1.
The following transfer was approved:
- Citlalli Hernandez-Medina, a translator at Asbury Elementary School, to instructional assistant at Asbury Elementary School. This will be effective Oct. 1.
Leaves of Absence
The following leaves of absences were approved
- Jessica Smith, a teacher at Sloman Primary School, for a leave of absence effective Oct. 17 to Jan. 6.
- Keith Bevel, a bus driver from DAR campus, for a leave of absence effective Nov. 21 to Jan. 6.
- Zachary King, a teacher at Asbury High School, for a leave of absence effective Oct. 28 to Nov. 1 and Nov. 4 to Nov. 8.
The following new employees were approved:
- Jessica Mickel, a teacher at Douglas Middle School, effective Sept. 9.
- Bailey Tarvin, a teacher at Douglas Middle School, effective Sept. 9.
- Audrea Keller, a long-term substitute for DAR Elementary School. She will be filling in maternity leaves for Amber McCallie and Ellie Brown effective Sept. 9.
The following supplements and/or volunteers were approved:
- Laurie Gluck as Scholar’s Bowl sponsor for DAR High School, effective the 2019-2020 school year.
- Shannon Slaten, a non-certified volunteer softball coach and boys basketball coach for DAR High School, effective the 2019-2020 school year.
- Ron Chapman, a non-certified volunteer for DAR Middle School football coach, effective 2019-2020.
- Johnny Champion, a non-certified volunteer softball coach at Douglas High School, effective the 2019-2020 school year.
The following travel has been approved:
- John Finley with the AV/Technology Club at DAR High School has requested to attend the Student Television Network National Convention in Washington D.C. This will be paid from the CTE funds.
- Ken Kirby a school improvement specialist in Marshall County Schools has requested travel to Madison County, Tennessee to observe a new ELA curriculum that supports students in foundational skills acquisition. This will be paid from Title 1 funds.
The following bid was approved:
- CNP equipment bid awarded to Birmingham Restaurant Supply Inc.
- The procurement policy was approved as presented in the April 18 Board Meeting.