Homecoming season in Marshall County is upon us. Here’s the schedule for the homecoming games and parades around the county:
- Guntersville High School will have its homecoming parade on Friday, October 25, at 2 p.m. The school will release early that day for the students to attend the homecoming parade and attend the game. The parade is scheduled to begin at the Chamber of Commerce and travel down Gunter Avenue to the Church of Christ.
- The homecoming game will be later that same day. The team will play East Limestone.
- DAR’s parade will be on September 19 at 4 p.m. The lineup will start at 3 .pm. The parade will start behind Foodland/Ace Hardware and run down Main Street to the school. Following the parade, they will have a Powder Puff game at the football stadium.
- The homecoming game will be played on September 20 against West Morgan. At the homecoming event, the alumni will have a tailgating party. For more information about the homecoming event, contact the school.
- The homecoming parade will be on September 27 starting at 2:15. The route will begin at the Douglas Water Board. Lineup will begin at 1:30. The parade route will follow Bethlehem Road to Sloman Primary School.
- Douglas will have its homecoming game later that night against Brindlee Mountain High School.
- The homecoming game for Asbury is scheduled for October 11.They will be playing Collinsville.
- They will not have a parade.
- The homecoming game for Brindlee Mountain High School will be on September 20. They will be playing against Susan Moore.
- There is no parade.
- The parade for Arab is Thursday, October 17, at 6 p.m. with line up at 5:15. This year the parade will start at First Baptist Church and run Main Street to the Snead College building. The parade participants will line up in two places; the rec center or the church parking lot.
- Arab will play Madison County for its homecoming game. The game will be played on Friday, September 18.
- Albertville will have a parade on Thursday, October 3, at 5:30 p.m. The route will run from McCord Avenue to Sand Mountain Drive onto Main Street and circle around to Sand Mountain Drive and end back on McCord.
- Albertville’s homecoming game is scheduled for October 4. They will be playing Hazel Green.
- Boaz will have its parade on Thursday, October 10, at 6 p.m. This year the parade route will start at the field house and proceed southbound on Brown Street as normal, but instead of turning left onto Highway 168 the parade will continue on Brown Street to the Farmer’s Market where they will host their annual cookout and bonfire.
- The homecoming game will be played against Sardis on Friday, October 11.
- Marshall Christian Academy will have a homecoming game, but no parade. The homecoming schedule is Tuesday at 6 p.m. on September 24 at Alumni Field in Guntersville. They will start with a bonfire to kick off the season on September 20. They will have a dance on September 27.