Keeping it Real Abstinence Program for 7th and 8th grade students will be taught by Mrs. Z (Zanthia Turner) in the upcoming weeks. Each student will participate in 3 days of instruction while receiving valuable information regarding relationships, premarital sex, drugs, alcohol, the dangers of false information on the internet, and social media. This program is also designed to instill character qualities that will benefit them throughout their lifetime.
Media Center News
We ask that you help us promote the program by encouraging young women in your schools and communities grades 6th-12th to register online at the Power UP Loud website, www.poweruploud.org, or by using the link below. Feel free to visit the Power UP website: http://www.poweruploud.org for more information about the Mother-Daughter Thing event and other Power UP programs.
Choir and Drama News
IF your child is in Rains’ Drama or Talley’s Show Choir and involved in Pitch Almost Perfect, we are creating a Remind code to share important April rehearsal information. Please join our Remind to stay in the loop! Code: @pitchal
- May 3 — Lake Weiss Tournament
- May 18 — State Tournament @Eufala State Park
- GMS cheerleaders are collecting printer cartridges. Just drop them in the box in the front office.
- ReminderWe are having a problem with excessive checkouts at the end of the school day which is creating a safety issue with our buses and car lines. If you must get your student before the bell rings, please check them out no later than 2:15!
- April is Autism Acceptance Month. We will be raising money for the Autism Society of Alabama by selling puzzle pieces for $1. Also, on April 19th, students with family members with Autism will be offered ribbons to wear to show their acceptance.
- All 8th grade ads pictures are in the office. Please pick them up at your convenience or send your child to the office to get them.