On Friday, November 9, Guntersville Middle school honored and celebrated our nation and community's veterans with a program at 8 a.m. in the gymnasium. A small reception for veterans and their families followed in the GMS Media Center.
Last week we welcomed back our own Isaac Nixon after his long-awaited kidney transplant.
Isaac is feeling much better after recovering from his surgery, and we are so excited to see his radiant smile again.
Guntersville Middle School is home to a new learning center- called SMALLab. SMALLab is a room in our school that hosts a virtual board on the floor.
Check out the information from the company itself…
As tech-enabled classrooms continue to proliferate, SMALLab is committed to providing growth opportunities to educators and administrators of all levels of experience.
The SMALLab Leadership Academy builds sustainability for SMALLab at the school and district levels while developing educational leaders on campus. The program is a blended learning experience that integrates self-paced projects, writing reflections, in person collaborations, and virtual conferences. The program is aligned with the national Teacher Leader Standards (www.teacherleaderstandards.org) and addresses each of the 7 leadership domains.
GinnaBess Carr said, “It was fun and educational!”
Carter Britt said, “The SMALLab was a very helpful learning device. I did not know any of my vocabulary words when I went into the lab, and when I came out I knew almost all of them! Also, the lab is extremely fun to play and we only played one game out of hundreds!”
Notes From the Principal…
In an effort to improve system practices, Guntersville Middle School is conducting a Title I Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please go to http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/2989987 Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
If you have already done this, please disregard and thank you so much.
- Coin Drop was this week for hurricane relief efforts in Panama City.
- Wildcat School Store will be open on Tuesdays and Fridays in the morning and during Advisory! New supplies and inventory are coming in! Don't miss getting your Wildcat Gear!
- ALL absences require a note to be excused. These notes must be received within 3 days of the absence. If the absence is due to sickness requiring a doctor, dental or any other medical appointment, please submit your doctor note. These are unlimited for the year. If your child is absent from school due to sickness without a doctor's note, or anything other than sickness, it requires a home note to be excused. Six home notes are allowed per year. They may be sent in writing or via email to email@example.com
- Please ask your child if they are in need of school supplies. It’s the time of year when students are missing pencils and pens. Thank you.
● Croley - Spelling Bee rescheduled date: November 12-13 (in class)
Reading Goal book report presentations and nonfiction goals due December 10.
● Price-Reading Goal for 2nd 9 weeks - Students will read one fiction and one non-fiction book. Book reports are due NO later than 12/12/2018. Book report options are readily available for students to pick up in class
Yearbooks are still on sale for $32 through December. Starting in January, the price will increase by $5 to $37. Order yours today!
The GMS Anchor Club is sponsoring a "canned food drive" in conjunction with the 2018 United Way Can-A-Thon. Our school drive began November 1 and goes through December 14. Students throughout the school are asked to bring canned goods to help support this worthy cause. Weekly door prizes will be given away beginning on Friday, November 9, during the event. Students will be given 1 ticket for EVERY can of food they bring in throughout the drive. You must bring the canned foods to Ms. Rhea's room and she will give you the tickets for the drawing. All tickets will be put into a grand prize drawing that will be held on Friday, December 14th.
Project Lead The Way
The Project Lead the Way class fee is $30. This needs to be turned in to Mrs. Stapler as soon as possible.
Cross Country - 11-10-18 State Meet, Moulton
GHS Boys Soccer - Sign-up sheet is on the office counter. Tryouts will be held on November 12 and 13 from 3:30 until 6 p.m. at the GHS Soccer Field.
GHS Girls Soccer - Sign-up sheet is on the office counter. Tryouts will be held Nov.15-16, at 3:15pm.
GHS Indoor Track - Sign up sheets for boys and girls indoor track are in the office.
The Guntersville City Nurses would like to make sure all students, parents, and staff are aware of the following important information : Due to the number of students with a significant allergy to nuts, our school system adheres to a Nut Safe Policy. That means that no one is allowed to bring food items containing any types of nuts, nor items packaged in a facility that could cause cross contamination.