By Ian Griffin & Alan Butler
We had the chance to speak with new English teacher Jordan Shelton and asked him a few quick questions!!
Q: Where did you go for your teaching degree?
A: I got my teaching degree at the University of Alabama.
Q: When did you realize you wanted to be a teacher?
A: I realized that I wanted to teach in the eight grade.
Q: How long have you been teaching?
A: I have been teaching for five years now!
Q: What made you want to teach in Guntersville?
A: Guntersville is a great school system and also close to home.
Q: Do you have any advice for the student body?
A: The student body needs to work hard and don't let opportunity pass you by.
We are very excited to have Coach Shelton at Guntersville High School and wish him the best year ever!
By Chantel Eubanks & Destiny Wilson
- FFA: Dues are $15. The deadline to join is September 16. See Mr. Smith for information.
- FBLA: dues are $12. The deadline to join is September 20. See Mrs. Blanchard for more information.
- HOSA: Dues are $16. The deadline to join is September 26. See Mrs. Bright for more information.
- AP students must pay for all exams ($94 for each exam) by Friday, November 1. There is no cost for students who qualify for free and reduced lunch.
- Free/reduced lunch forms must be turned in ASAP! If you need a form, please see guidance or Mrs.Wright.
- Remember to pay class fees.
- Guntersville High School seniors will be taken to the Snead College Fair on Tuesday, September 10.
- Senior makeup pictures will be November 21st. This will be the last time that seniors can take their senior portraits at the school.
- Come out and support the Guntersville Wildcats football team September 13 when they play against Scottsboro, at Scottsboro.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.