The APPLE Foundation, which supports Guntersville's classroom teachers with grants for special projects, funded 19 projects worth $35,445 for the 2019-20 school year, according to Foundation president Amanda Sellnow.
A ceremonial check was presented to the school system and the teachers before kickoff of the football game last Friday night.
These grants were awarded to these schools:
2019-2020 Grants Awarded
- Reaching Readers Minds & Moving Mathematicians: Shiela Buckelew – 1st & 2nd Grade - $3,500
- Music Makes the World Go Round: Laura Clevenger – All Grades Music - $1,000
- Kids, Carrots, and Character Education: Tammy Neu – 2nd Grade - $225
- FitBits for Kids: Brandon Smith – All Grades PE - $359
- Bugs Alive: Me'Shell Sellers – Kindergarten - $634
GES Total - $5,178
- Celebrating Alabama’s Bicentennial and State History: Erica Kelley-4th Grade - $2,500
- Mystery Science: The Thrill of Discovery: Hilary Dahlke - All CES Science - $999
- Let's Excel with IXL!: Kimberly Graham - All CES Students Math - $1,969
- We FLIP for Flip FORM Risers: Julie Ann McCulley - l CES Students Music- $3,500
CES Total - $8,968
- Keep It Real Abstinence Program: Tammy Nabors, RN - 7th and 8th Grade -$600
- Tell Me a Story: Visual Storytelling for the Past, Present, and Future: Tama Nunnelley - All Students in System - $873
- Gaining a Global Perspective by Starting at Home!: Tama Nunnelley, ALL GMS Students - $1,210
- On Broadway…Junior Style!:, 90+ GMS Students -$2,153
GMS Total - $4,837.94
- Spring Musical: Breanna Talley, Music/Theater - $3,000
- Celebrating Student Achievement: Roseanne Mabrey, GHS Students - $2,900
- Spinning Round and Round: Val Jones, Advanced Art Classes - $1,851
- Sound Equipment for Band: Corey Hyman, Band Students - $5,000
- Digital Resources for All: Elishaba Larson - ALL GMS and GHS - $1,870
- Shakespeare on Tour: Miranda McCoy- AP English and Fine Arts Students - $1,300
GHS Total - $15,921
APPLE TOTAL $35,445
Since 2003, the APPLE Foundation has awarded over $700,000 to fund over 500 grants in the Schools of Guntersville.
Tax-deductible donations are accepted throughout the year through www.applegrants.org or can be mailed to Foundation, PO Box 921, Guntersville, AL 35976.
APPLE stands for Awarding Programs that Promote Learning Excellence. Grants are awarded for a variety of subject matters on all grade levels that have benefit to students in the Schools of Guntersville.
The APPLE Foundation Board is of a 15 member volunteer board of directors comprised of individuals in the community who strive to make our schools excellent in all areas
If you would like more information about the APPLE Foundation, visit www.applegrants.org or on Facebook APPLE Foundation Guntersville.