Each month, Guntersville Schools maintenance director Jeff Mims gives the City School Board an update on projects that are ongoing, just ended or will be coming up soon.
Here’s what he reported at the Board’s meeting last week:
• Gym floor sand and refinish scheduled for Christmas break.
• Floor coverings in Pre-K; upstairs carpet was removed and replaced with luxury vinyl over fall break.
• Corridors were painted during fall break.
• The parking lot has been completed and striped.
• Maintenance department installed A/C in another classroom.
• Sports Lighting. Last two poles at soccer field are complete; light levels and adjustments at Alumni, softball, and soccer. Otherwise complete.