The Annual Summer Feeding Program began on Thursday, June 3. All meals will be delivered each Thursday starting at 6:00 P.M. The program will continue every Thursday throughout the months of June and July. If you would like a meal delivered, call (256) 582-5957 or (256) 572-4408.
The St. Minor Primitive Baptist Church Clothing Pantry is open every other Monday from 12-4. All are welcome, and all items are free.
Wednesday in the Word Classes have resumed virtually via Zoom. Classes are held each Wednesday from 5-5:30 P.M. For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
July 17 - Preeless Rogers; Shantae Harris; JaMiya McCurdy
July 19 - Jamerah Morgan; Mark Dingler
July 20 - Taylor Brooke Moore; Rogelio Rashad Torres
July 21 - Bobby Staten
Traci's Recipe Corner
Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-inch rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 inch of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
4. Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter.