A new session of Christian Women’s Job Corps is about to get started.
The organization’s spring session will begin January 22. Women wanting to participate can call 256-571-5660 for more information.
Local site coordinator Andrea Oliver explained more about the program:
“Christian Women’s Job Corps is for women who seek a better life for themselves and their families, and who have an openness to learn to work toward achieving it,” she said. “ The women need to be at least 18 years old and drug and alcohol free.
“Christian Women’s Job Corps Guntersville is a faith-based program that combines basic life and work skills, emotional healing, relationship-building, and spiritual growth opportunities, empowering them to be the woman God created them to be, in a classroom setting and follow-up one-on-one guidance.”
CWJC offers two sessions of 15 weeks each year. CWJC classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Lake City Assembly of God on Spring Creek Drive which provides a classroom, kitchen facilities, an office and nursery at no cost to CWJC. Sessions begin in January and August.
The program is free and lunch is free.
Oliver said CWJC teaches:
- Basic job skills such as job applications, interviews, what employers expect, & work ethic
- Money management
- Relationship building and parenting
- Anger and forgiveness
- Core considerations for making wise decisions
- Setting boundaries and breaking strongholds
- Bible studies with emphasis on God’s grace and sufficiency for our needs. Grounding in a Christian worldview of life and struggles
- Understanding addiction
- GED classes